Monday, November 14, 2011

Thunder.....

Before a storm comes the sky becomes utterly filled with black, heavy, clouds infiltrated with a heaviness that becomes so unbearable that it must break open and let it all out.....but before this happens there is usually signs of thunder and lightning to warn us that the storm is coming. The sky is dark and heavy and the thunder is loud and unpredictable.....lightning comes when it pleases and we all take cover knowing that the storm is coming..........

You are probably wondering why I'm talking about this.....well, let me just unpack my life as of late.....



Life just keeps moving forward....and rainy season couldn’t last longer than it is. It’s been a hard season of changes but as beautiful and annoying as the rain can be it always brings life... 
I said goodbye to my 2 year long lived housemate Crystal about 3 weeks ago. It was a lot harder than I ever thought it would be. Seems like I’m always saying goodbyes here. I guess that’s part of living overseas. Nevertheless, I know that God is going to use this time to process and adjust to all of the changes going on. I miss you Crystal.......thanks for a good season of life here in Tunapum!

































It seems like I'm always saying goodbye....in just over a month I will say goodbye to yet another really lovely sister who will head back to the states and I'm dreading it to be honest. She's been such a good friend to have around and to work with. Joanna you will be missed more than you know. 
News from BNJ::
This year we did something different for the calendar. My friend Nat helped me find some local photographers to help with taking photos for our calendar as well as the website this year. They did a fantastic job! We tried to have it be more themed and take photos all around Chiang Rai so that you all could get a taste of what it looks like here and around where we live. The guys that took the photos completely spoiled our kids. They took them out to all of these fun places and paid for everything! They were such a blessing to us. They took the photos for free even. I was able to share with them a lot of what we do at BNJ and they felt very honored to be a part of our ministry. After I got all of the beautiful photos they took, my friend Nat also came and helped me put together a design for the calendar and I finished it a couple weeks ago. I think it's going to be pretty stinkin great this year! Thanks to NAT, P'Jack and Benz. You guys blessed me so much by helping out with this project! Here's some fun shots we got.....







We now have calendars available for $10...please e.mail me and let me know if you would like me to send you one or 2 or 10~ you can e.mail me at sponsorships@baannamjai.org and I will get them off to you as soon as I can!





It's a season for having babies.....my friend, Kak, gave birth to a little boy at the end of September, our assistant director, Quan, is going to give birth to a little boy in February, one of the mothers who lives at Baan Nam Jai is also due a couple weeks before Quan and next month we will have twin baby girls coming to the girls home here. I'm surrounded and absolutely love it! Here's a photo of the infamous Nong Gun (my friend Kak's little boy)....





Penny enjoying cuddles with our new little family member~


That's pretty much it for now....I have some photos of some highlights from the past few months had here.... I hope you guys enjoy them and enjoy reading about what's been going on in the life of Kyndra lately..... Thanks for reading and bless you guys.... Enjoy the holiday seasons and please know that I am so grateful for you all......

a visit with a friend in Payao





Celebrating Ae's birthday! Yay for being 30!!

Hanging out with my little buddy Nong Non
My friend P'Quan and her little boy in her belly

Worship at a YWAM conference a couple weeks ago
waterfall fun! 
we love that this place is close to our house and such a lovely place to cool off on a hot day...... we are blessed!

Loryn and Darlene Cunningham speaking... a real honor

This year I had the honor to help my friend P'Supan plant her rice field
It was so much fun and showed me how hard rice farmers really work!
The rice that I helped plant! I hope it's a good season of good rice!
taking a little sunday afternoon trip to the waterfall.....
Nui and Josiah enjoying their sunday afternoon at the waterfall-






















BNJ kids enjoying an afternoon birthday party.....

1 comment:

brynmj said...

Fun pics! Sorry about all the goodbyes! : (