Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The great Northwest Summer

Summer wild flowers
Lake Roosevelt

It seems like forever since I have experienced a full summer in Washington! I am loving it! Being back here in Washington now for almost 7 months has been sweet and really healing. I ache for Thailand, my friends, BNJ kids, the food, the culture.... just life there. But really guys, there's nothing better than being where you are supposed to be. I am totally human and have my doubts and frustrations about being back and not feeling content about where I am....but the thing that overrides all of these feelings and longings is the Lord and Him giving me peace and comfort about this season that I am in. I was in winter for a while....felt like forever and now I am in summer.... the warm, carefree, late nights, good food, swimming, camping, and lots of sunshine days!! It's really been refreshing and healing to be in this season. I am soaking up all of the time I am getting with my nieces and nephews and other family and friends during this time.
handsome Moore boys

All this beauty.... I love being an auntie


starting summer off right



mamala

My papa

I am loving my job at Veraci.... it's been such a blessing to work for Seth and Laura and get to know them. I have amazing co-workers! I am so amazed and blown away by how God always takes care of me and provides me with such loving and amazing community no matter where I am.
Best Pizza around!

Veraci Camping trip

My Veraci Bella girl!

Matt and I workin it.....


I am now officially a Spokanite (living in Spokane, Wa). It's about 2 hours from where my parents live. I am loving being here full time and not having to travel back and forth. The only downfall is that I don't get to see mom and dad in my tired stupor from driving and working so much. I am grateful that I don't have to be in a tired stupor anymore though. That was rough! I do miss seeing Coulee people.... you all will just have to come see me in Spokane and get some yummy pizza! I am enjoying living with the Archers here in Spokane! I feel blessed and honored that they have welcomed me in with open arms to make sure my transition back is fun and full of good community and lots of kids! Good friends are so necessary! I love how God provides us with family where ever we go! If you don't have this.....you need it and can't survive long with out good community. We were made to share life with others. We need each other....

I'm surrounded by cute kids!
Little family hike.....


So I am still missing Thailand....I don't think that will ever change or go away. When people ask me "so, what's next?" or "what's the plan?" or "are you going back?".... I try not to get stressed out and come up with a plan or a good answer....so if you are thinking it and wanting to ask me.... my answer is "I have no idea and am taking it one day at a time." I am trusting that God knows my future and the plans He has for 2013 are going to be way better than any of mine that I try or would attempt to come up with. Please don't think I am way more spiritual than you are.....I'm not. And please don't think that I am trying to be cool or have my s#*& together.....I don't. I am really trying to learn in this season how to just be and not try to make things happen. I'm learning how to just enjoy where I am and just be content with living simply here in Washington. It's hard when life was so intense and busy back in Thailand. 


4th of July camp out

summertime feet

My Moore kids!
Ambrose, Abbey, Loryn, Caleb, Jack and Blake Moore

Moore girls....love them!

Moore boys..... so glad I got to see them!

Moore boys.....wouldn't trade them for nothin!

weirdos!

This gorgeous girl on her birthday! so glad I got to celebrate it with you Loryn!

My cousin Holly and my sis Casey 





Thank you to all of you who have poured into me in this season..... encouraged me and have just made the time to know this season that God has me in. I love you all.....even just reading this and hearing what's going on is a blessing to me. So thank you..... thanks for being a part of this messy, lovely life..... please don't hesitate to write me e.mails.... being off facebook makes me feel a bit disconnected from life....so please write me or call me. You can e.mail me at kmikelle78@gmail.com and if you need my phone number I can e.mail it to you. I hope this finds you all well. 


My sista from anotha motha

Thai friends ;)

3 comments:

The Messy Journey said...

Thailand misses you too but we are all glad you are where you are supposed to be.

Anonymous said...

Thank Kyn. Loved reading about your reflections on the last few months. I am so thankful to see you so often!

-Jame

brynmj said...

Loved all your pictures of your friends and family, and I'm so glad this summer has been a time of healing. I'm sure it's just strange being back after being in Thailand so long, and not knowing what's next, but I love that you are just resting and waiting. Love you.