Thursday, September 27, 2012

dying....


I got this from a friend yesterday and it really hit home.... planning, preparing and talking about leaving here soon and not knowing what's next is such a scary, exciting and bittersweet place to be in. I hate it but I also love that there's a new and fresh season up ahead and I can look back at this beautiful and hard season here and see God's hand in my life and heart all along the way. He is faithful and I've been so blessed to have such faithful friends along the way here..... I'm walking in this::

"Jesus told us that except a seed falls in the ground and dies, it abides alone (John 12:24). The principle of the Christian life is a continual letting go of things, allowing them to 'die', only to see them resurrected again by the power of the Holy Spirit. Whether those things are dreams or desires, the principle of the cross (death, burial, resurrection) is a resounding theme in the daily Christian life.
In that context, when you are feeling like God is asking you to surrender something dear to you, when you are in a sense walking through the shadow of death for something that you have hoped for, be comforted in knowing that God is very close to you in those times of surrender and His staff and rod will bring comfort to you. Weeping may endure for the night, but joy is coming in the morning! (Psalm 30:5)"



And Joy comes in the morning.....there is always hard things in the things we love and are passionate about..... so Lord take my heart, take my dreams, take this little, simple life of mine and have your way..... give me dreams, visions, and put in me your heart....


1 comment:

brynmj said...

Aww Kynders...I'm sure it's an emotional time there thinking about leaving and looking forward to what's in the future! I am praying for you. Do you come home in December? Will you be staying with your parents until you know what's next? Miss you.