Tuesday, September 4, 2012

babies, coffee and rain.....

So the title pretty much tells about what I've been up to....as well as covers the weather here. It's rainy season here folks! I'm pretty over it. No really..... I'm ready for sunshine all day long and sticky arms and face...... well....I think so. There is something about a long hot and sticky day and having the pouring down of rain cool off the hot earth....but I have enjoyed that long enough.....let's move on!

As most of you know I have been partnering with some other friends (aka my thai family here) in running a coffee shop in front of my friend Ae's house. It's been fun, crazy, stressful, tiring and therapeutic all in one! Also, you guys must know my love for coffee so it's a pretty perfect fit.... throw a baby IN the coffee shop and it's magically bliss at it's best. I am the main baker (and as most of you who know me know that I'm not a baker, but it's just happened and I'm enjoying it) and it's been really fun experimenting with recipes. Last week I made passion fruit scones! They were delicious!

Passion fruit scones
Pennie, Ursa and me enjoying a little 316 on a saturday


This year we have had lots of babies come to Baan Nam Jai..... we have staff that have had babies as well as one of the moms here at Lakeview. We also have twin girls that two of our full-time staff care for. The are all healthy and all growing up so quickly! I am loving having babies fill up my life here and will be sad to leave them all in December. But we'll talk about that in a minute. Here's some photos of what I get to see most every day......

Twins: Faith-Min and Mercy-Mai

Nong Gan:: BNJ Accountant's son and also my really good friend!

Keaw's son "Cashew Nut" :: living at Lakview where the mom's we care for live
P'Quan's little guy Nong Quinn


Aren't they precious!? My joy is pretty full and look forward to the day when I will get to experience being a mom myself. Until now I'll be satisfied with this big family of mine here.... check us out!
The big family! (it's all of us excluding 3 moms from lakeview)

I still can't believe how big all of the kids have gotten since I came almost 5 years ago! It's been such a blessing to be a part of their life here....and as I look back....all I can do is hope that I did my best at loving them as God called me to love them and taught them how to love others as God has called them to. I don't really want to think about leaving or staying.....so I'm just trying to be here and be present. Although I know that there will be a time to say our goodbyes for a while....and then cross my fingers that I will get to come back and visit them!! Who knows really though....only God does.

I am pretty sure all of you who are reading this know that my time at BNJ is heading to an end. My official last day will be November 30th. Here's some highlights coming up::
-September:: my mom's birthday
-October:: my friend Anthony and some friends coming to do media work at BNJ
-October:: my dad's birthday
-November:: Jaci (paul and penny's daughter) comes to be our onsite nurse for the Hospice
-November:: my good friends Jewel and Jamie Archer come for a visit and stay until December
-December:: Opening of the Hospice
-December:: head back to the states- mid month

That's about it....it's going to be a busy few months coming up! I'm looking forward to it though. I will be back in the states for at least 6 months. You want to know what I'll be up to? Haa haa me too! No but really....I'll be spending the first couple months at my parent's house just spending time with them over the holidays and adjusting to being back and catching up with people. In Feb. I have a week of debriefing and will go visit people in Montana. So it'll be a couple week or few week road trip. Then I am planning on being in Spokane traveling back and forth from Spokane and Coulee Dam. I don't really know what this will look like exactly and am feeling a bit nervous about not having a set plan but I'm trusting in God to lead me as He always does when I give Him control. Please be patient with me while I"m back and please please please let me know when you all are free and want to spend time catching up. It can be pretty overwhelming at times trying to make plans when your head is fuzzy and are trying to adjust to a new pace of live and culture all over again. Please give me grace if I turn you down to just rest and process and figure life out. I really want to be careful with this time but want to soak up each moment I have back with you all as well. My mom's good friend will be letting me use her car while I'm back and that will be a huge blessing! HUGE! Thank you Gina-Honey! You don't know how much this is going to be a blessing to me! Also if any of you have a bicycle that I might be able to borrow while I'm in Spokane I would love to use it when I can.

Here's the part where I get a bit honest and want to know your opinions and get some feed back from you all..... so, when I go back I am not planning on getting a job. I really feel like I need to really take some time to process the last 5 years here. It has been some of the most intense times here and feel like I need to take time to rest and allow God to heal areas that need healing. That might be confusing to you all because when you look at photos of me I look pretty happy and may seem like I get to play a lot here. Which I do have to say that I am pretty stinking blessed here and have great times of joy and am happy! However I have had to walk through some really intense times here with the ministry and just things God has been doing in my heart and with other relationships and just life here. So what I want to know and need feedback from you all is will you and are you willing to continue to support me even though I might not know just this yet what I will be doing after my 6 months is up? I don't want you to think that I'm just sitting around living on your money while I"m home.... I might relax a bit and go visit people but I feel like coming back to the states is not only to see my family, church family and friends but to be restored again and to come to a place to dream again after a gain my barrings..... Please don't feel bad or awkward if you feel like you can't or dont' want to support me during this time. I'm really not worried how I will survive back in the states with everything being 3times as more expensive because I know God's character so well that I know He won't leave me hungry or with out my needs. So please don't feel obligated. I have seen the Lord provide for me above and beyond by giving me things I wasn't expecting....like friends flying me over to see them and paying for everything (my aussie friends you  know who you are!) He is a good God and takes care of our every needs. So please please walk with me in this next season whether it's by prayer, spending time together, financially and listening to what has been going on in each other's lives over the years.
skyping with P'Kalya and P'Bryan..... they have walked through this whole thing with me! I am so grateful for them and their loving support
My beautiful mom and Janie come for a visit! so wonderful to show them around!

My beautiful friend Jewel comes for a visit! We had a really good time chillin out and making some dreams come true!

This family:: The Morrows came for a visit/service holiday and served us at BNJ and were such a blessing!!! I love them and love that they got to come and see what I do and where I live! Thank you guys!

My good friend Hope came with her daughter Addison for a visit and blessed me so much! Hope you are such an amazing friend and I am indebted to you all that you have helped me out with financially! Thank you!!
If I could have an extra set of mom and dad I would choose these ones...... you guys are amazing!



So that's just a look at all of the people who have come from the states to visit me while I"ve been here and have blessed me beyond belief! For those of you who haven't yet had a chance to come....you still have time! Haa haa! I'm praying to come back....yet don't know what God has for me yet. I'll keep you posted! I gotta go see my mom and dad first..... 


Thanks for reading this long awaited update and thanks again for your love and support over the years! I love and cherish you all! See you all very very soon! 
love,
Kyndra


1 comment:

Laura B. said...

Kiss all those cute babies for me! xoxoxo