Friday, May 25, 2012

"To Everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven:" Ecclesiastes 3:1

My life here in Thailand...Chiang Rai and at Baan Nam Jai has seen so many seasons.... Seems like a lot of my posts are drawn out of transitional times. I guess these seasons give me something to write home about....haa haa! So another lovely person has swept through the hearts of all of us at Baan Nam Jai and has drifted off to do what God's calling her off to go do...... it was a sweet season. And as you all know seasons are necessary and some are harder than others. The white girl in this photo is Danielle.... a sweet girl who served at BNJ and lived in the girls house and poured herself into them for just under a year. She did an amazing job and is missed very much here.....

The guy standing next to her in the orange shirt....ok, the only guy in the photo is one of the most amazing men I know. He loves the Lord and has integrity and a servants heart like no other. I have learned a lot from this guy! WEll, the reason why I'm talking about him is he is helping my friend Ae, her cousins and myself open up a coffee shop in front of Ae's house. He has helped so much and is so excited to walk through this process with us.



So here is a little bit of what it looked like in the process. It's almost ready! Not sure if we are....but the shop is getting ready to be opened by Saturday. That is if all goes well. The funny thing about this shop so far is we have pretty much done everything 2 times....we had to do the floor a second time. The walls a second time.... counter top... don't want to talk about it. Sofa's putting another skin on some of them. I could go on and on....but I'll spare you. The purpose of this shop:: 1. just for fun 2. to have free coffee (which isn't actually free since we have to buy the beans, ingredients and make it ourselves) 3. a fun place to hang out at 4. storage for all of my stuff ;) 5. in hopes...(this should actually be 1.) to be a blessing to the neighborhood and use it as a fun and cozy place to share the love of the Lord with people.




WE had a worship and prayer time over the shop. Ae and I also made each other drinks practicing our art skills. Top one is Ae's that she made for me... and this bottom one is a mocha that I made for Ae. I think it was a fluke though. Not sure if I can repeat this one. We are having fun experimenting and playing around.

You guys ready for some good news?! WE have house parents for the girls house!!!! This couple and their two girls and son-in-law are taking on the role of house parents and adding our 6 beautiful girls to their family! P'Moi and P'G'No are and have been staff at BNJ years. This photo is actually celebrating P'Moi's 10 years of serving with BNJ. They are an amazing family who loves community and loves the  ministry at BNJ. We are so blessed to have them be parents for our girls. It's a huge blessing and answer to prayer!
As well as new house parents for the girls house we have an announcement that our Hospice that has been in the making for a while will be finished soon and open by December 14th! This is an exciting time for all of us!

I hope you are all doing well and I hope to hear back from you and would love to know how you all are doing.... Blessings to you all-

3 comments:

Laura B. said...

You are doing amazing work Kyndra, thanks for sharing...always love to read your posts! I have no doubt that you are an amazing mother to all those cute kiddos.

Mommala said...

I loved the pictures of the coffee shop -- the colors are so bright and cheery! I hope your endeavor to reach out to the community through the coffee ministry goes well. So much good stuff can happen over a cuppa coffee! Great to see P'Lut's picture! Is is health concern under control now?
Good news about hospice and the new house parents for the girls! Thanks for the updates! Great to hear and see everything that's going on! Love you little missionary girl!

brynmj said...

That's really cool! Your Sandwich Garden days are paying off ; )