Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It's not me::

So I'm still trying to figure out how to master the art of silence. The art of a life of prayer. The art of really delving into God's presence. I have been taking my Tuesdays to rest and focus and to put myself in a place of really surrendering to God and to really have a solid sabbath day. It's been a struggle. I have to yell at myself when I find myself on my way to get my bible and end up cutting my jean shorts and then lighting candles and then oh, I should turn on some music and then I start cleaning my room.....woo! I have to say "Kyndra, focus and remember what you came in here for". Haa haa....I drive myself crazy. But it's been so good to put myself in a situation to really practice these things. I haven't mastered any of them but the more I do it and the more I practice it the better I get at it. Although today has been a hard day. I'm praying that these times will be a blessing to the Lord and ultimately God will be honored and glorified in and through my life. It's not me. It's totally against my self and I have to really discipline myself to surrender this time... these Tuesdays to the Lord. They are His and nothing more. 
My goals for these times of prayer, fasting and time devoted to the Lord is not only to grow but for direction and rest. This past year or so has been difficult for me. Having Penny gone from the ministry and having to step it up with all the other staff at Baan Nam Jai was really intense and found myself at burn out. I'm happy to say that these days of taking it easy and really basking in God's love and His presence has been like honey on my lips...it's been really sweet and more than sweet...it's been refreshing. I would ask you all to pray for me as I continue to seek God's direction in this year to come. I don't know what my future holds at Baan Nam Jai and things are changing quickly. It's an exciting time and also scary. Pray for discipline as I seek God's direction and pray that my ears and eyes will be opened.....

Enjoying some good food with  a good friend

Lahu village on the top of Tatong: mountains behind are the Burmese mountain range

Rice harvesting season

I live here....still can't believe how beautiful it is

Nui loving life

Ae and her little cousin
I appreciate each and every one of you.... 

1 comment:

brynmj said...

I'm sure it's hard to set those Tuesdays aside, but it's awesome you are learning to do it more each time, and it's an inspiration for me to try! Will continue to pray. Beautiful pics!